Reserved Domain: www.foodlinks.org.uk - Happy Hare Media Summary Somerset Food Links (SFL) is a not-for-profit Company that began as an enterprise mainly of South Somerset District Council and Mendip District Council in 1999.
We are a team of dedicated people committed to developing a thriving and sustainable local food system throughout the county and neighbouring areas.
Our values are based on equitable access to fresh local food to all sectors of society, fair trade for all farmers, growers and producers while promoting care for the natural environment through a local food economy that limits damage through unnecessary travel, packaging and intensive production.
Information on how we maintain these values can be found through the variety of projects we manage, the organisations we have helped to set up and our consultancy service.
Somerset Food Links (SFL) is committed to developing a thriving and sustainable local food system in Somerset and the surrounding area.
SFL runs a range of projects which reflect its vision and to meet the needs of the groups it works with. These include:
* Projects to develop the local food sector in the three distinct "natural areas" of Exmoor and the Quantocks, the Somerset Levels and Moors, and the Blackdown Hills
* Work to increase the flow of local food into public catering, and especially schools
* Work to improve access to fresh local healthy food for people regardless of income or location
* Work to develop a Somerset Centre for Local Food at Barrington Court near Ilminster, which will be a focus for food related activities in the county
SFL has been operating since 1999 and has built a reputation both locally and nationally for its pioneering and practical work. SFL is a not-for-private-profit company.
During that time, SFL has been responsible for initiating and "floating" a number of enterprises to improve the infrastructure for buying and selling local food. These include:
* Somerset Farmers Markets Ltd - which runs 11 markets in the county
* Somerset Local Food Direct - which delivers food and drink from 40 local producers to over 250 customers weekly from its warehouse in Glastonbury
* Somerset Local Food Ltd - which raises money to be invested in local food enterprises
* Source - which distributes local food from its 25 members to accommodation and catering businesses in the Exmoor, Quantock and adjacent areas
Somerset Food Links now offers a consultancy service to advise regionally and nationally on the development of the local food sector. This service uses a highly experienced group of Associates with specific knowledge and skills in economic development, tourism and local food.
Address Somerset Food Links Ltd, Units 10 & 11 Bridge Barns, Long Sutton, LANGPORT, TA10 9PZ
Google mapCountry United Kingdom
Public Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number 01458 241401
Fax Number 01458 241228
Description web design company based near the somerset-dorset border; specialists in e-commerce and content man
web design designer ecommerce content management dorset somerset sell online internet south west happy hare media